Shopping for a mattress can be rather intimidating, whether you choose to walk into a brick and mortar store, or go digital. With a litany of choices, and the close fight between Leesa vs Casper, it is no surprise that many customers, end up buying a mattress that does not fit their bill. If you are in the market looking for a mattress and can’t decide whether to buy Casper or Leesa, we are here to help.
Which mattress will score more points? Read on to know more.
Casper Mattress Construction
- As per out Casper mattress review, this mattress is a combo foam mattress made out of four layers. It is about 9.5 inches thick.
- The top layer which is the comfort layer is made from 1.5″ of responsive poly foam.
- The 2nd layer is made from memory foam and is 1.5 inches thick. This layer provides great support and pressure relief.
- The 3rd layer too is 1.5 inches thick but made of poly foam. This is a support layer that eases the transition from the memory foam layer to the foundation base foam.
- The bottom layer is made from 5 inches of support foam and provides a solid foundation for the mattress and does a great job at supporting the top layers.
- These distinctly different foam layers together create a mattress with a decent bounce, good cooling, and support without sacrificing on comfort.
Leesa Mattress Construction
- Leesa mattress is just 0.5 inches thicker than the Casper and measures 10 inches in thickness. It is a rather thick foam mattress that has 3 layers.
- The top layer is made from Avena foam that is two inches in thickness. This patented foam is a lot like latex and provides great bounce as well as cooling.
- The middle layer is made from 2 inches of quality memory foam that provides the sleeper great pressure relief as well as hug and body contouring.
- The bottom layer is made from 6 inches of support foam, and not just provides support to the other layers but also acts as the foundational base.
- The Leesa mattress provides an extremely rounded and balanced feel apart from rendering great support to the sleeper.
Comfort level – Leesa Vs Casper
Casper mattress’ top layers of foams are relatively soft and thus exhibit a significant level of sinkage as well as hug. It has a medium to slightly firm feel to it and scores 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. This mattress is ideal for heavier sleepers as their weight helps them engage more deeply with the support and transitional poly foam layers. It provides excellent support as well as comfort whether you prefer sleeping on your back or stomach. We score the Casper a 7 out of 10 for the level of comfort.
Leesa Mattress Firmness
The Leesa mattress too scores 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. It has a very balanced, medium feel thanks to the perfect combination of Avena foam with memory foam. The mattress offers great cooling and bounce and is a perfect cross of a latex and memory foam mattress. We score the Casper a 7.5 out of 10 for the level of comfort.
Preferred by– If you tend to sleep a lot on your stomach and side, the Leesa mattress will be the perfect choice for you. Back sleepers and heavier sleepers will do well with Casper.
Maintenance – Casper Mattress vs Leesa
Casper- Maintenance of your Casper mattress is rather simple. All you have to do is rotate the mattress once in 4 to 5 months to prevent it from sagging. This is especially important if one of two partners is heavier than the other. Also, place your mattress on a hard surface to get the best of it. If you follow these simple tips, your mattress should give you at least 10 years of loyal service, if not more. The cover of the mattress is not removable, but you can buy a waterproof protector for under $100.Avoid spending a lot of time on the edge of the mattress as it does not exhibit great edge support.
Leesa-Though Leesa has the perfect formula to be the best mattress on the online market; it does lack a teeny weeny bit when it comes to its cover. The cover is lovely and soft to feel, but is not removable and hence cannot be washed. This means you will need to buy an additional cover to protect your mattress from spills and stains. You will have to rotate the every few months to ensure the mattress does not develop dents.
Lessa vs Casper Mattress – Buying, Warranties and Pricing
Ease of buying – Both Casper and Leesa can be bought online from their respective official websites as well as other online portals such as Amazon. Shipping is free on both mattresses. While the Casper will be delivered within 1-5 business days from the date of order, Leesa may take 3-5 days.
Warranties/Guarantees – Casper and Leesa, both come with a ten-year warranty against workmanship flaws and any defect in the material used in making them. The trial period is 100 nights on both of them.
Pricing – Leesa mattress is the less expensive of the two, and its prices range between $525- $1070 depending on the size you choose. Casper falls in nearly the same range, and its price varies from $550-$1,150. Leesa offers a $100 discount on its official website, while Casper does not have any discounts. You can avail easy financing on both of the mattresses.
Leesa Mattress Vs Casper?
While this is a tough one, we vote for Leesa. It uses a 4-inch thick memory foam layer that offers more comfort and deep compression support. It also has a thicker cover and offers better edge support than the Casper.
Did you find this review helpful? Have you decided between Casper and Leesa? Buy it right here.